Kudos to coach Dickey and staff

emmitt01

While I will reserve my "man of the year" vote for after the season I just thought it necessary to say, for what I hope is the first time in many this year, "Good job Dickey!"

After the season, and all during, we complained of a lack at two key positions...quarterback and O and D-lineman. Well, this years class includes the following people:

QB

Woody Wilson

Steven Prince

And we're still hard after the Carson Coffman kid

DL

Matt Menard

Esteban Santiago

Marquis Sykes

OL

Kelvin Drake

Nick Foster

Trent Stanley

Add to this the fact that we still picked up a safety and a cornerback and I'd say that Darrell is at least listening or seeing what we're seeing. We can turn back to roasting him when the playcalling is poor or an assistant tries to beat us up...but for now I'm a pretty happy Mean Green fan.

He's still not out of my doghouse, but I'll give Devil Dickey the credit he deserves. Reruiting has far surpassed my expectations. The addition of Trent Stanley and Woodrow Wilson are huge, IMO. All I can hope is that this sense of "urgency" goes into the spring and at DKR next fall.

Don't forget the new TE. Who weighs 275 lbs, basically another OL on the field. I would like to see 2 more things to make this an even better class for me.

1) Carson Coffman

2) Brent Brown

All in all so far so good though. It will be intresting to see if any of these recruits can step up and help out next year. And going back to last years class and seeing how many of these kids have filled out after spending a year in the weight room.

Besides Quarterback and the Offensive Line, the Defensive Line was a major weakness and dissapointment in 05.

Dickey will probably redshirt the entire freshmen class. Where's the improvement on the D Line?

I'd like to see 1-2 Juco (impact) players to come in in the fall. Looks like again, we're going to load up on TE's & DB's. I see alot more of the same (defense on the field too long) unless the DLine is addressed (In a major way)

I'd like to see 1-2 Juco (impact) players to come in in the fall.

JUCO OL - James Maddox, 6'7" - 340 lb - from the 2004 Juco National Champions College of the Canyons in Southern California. May still be available, tripped Louisville last week. Converted from DL is a bada$$ OL, very agressive.

Moondad welcome aboard.

JUCO OL - James Maddox, 6'7" - 340 lb - from the 2004 Juco National Champions College of the Canyons in Southern California. May still be available, tripped Louisville last week. Converted from DL is a bada$$ OL, very agressive.

Do you know a little something here maybe ph34r.gif

I think we need a juco DT who can come in and start more so than a O-linemen.

Edited by H-towngreen

It is nice to have a good recruiting class but real satisfaction come from wins in the fall.

Good recruits do not always produce wins...... next comes good coaching, motivation, and good game plans and adjustments.

That's funny.  Last I checked four of these players were already walking around on the NT campus.   dry.gif

When everyone on your list is signed, then Deep and I will say "kudos".....about signing up some "potential". Like Deep, I'll reserve the rest of the "Kudos" for when the group produces.

Edited by SilverEagle

It is nice to have a good recruiting class but real satisfaction come from wins in the fall.

Good recruits do not always produce wins...... next comes good coaching, motivation, and good game plans and adjustments.

And let's not forget discipline, something DD's players have seemed to lack. ph34r.gif

When everyone on you list is signed, then Deep and I will say "kudos".....about signing up some "potential". Like Deep, I'll reserve the rest of the "Kudos" for when the group produces.

That's fine. As long as people save their criticism for when the group doesn't produce.

If any of the players who sign-up don't bother to even show-up to fall practice (like some have done in the past) then you will certainly hear some early criticism from me. dry.gif

That's fine Silver, as long as the operative word in your post is that first word "if" and not the rest of it. Until then it's pissing in the wind.